Did you participate in the 30 DAY Ankle extension? If not I have a new one for you to start Friday.
For July created a 30 day KNEE extension challenge. Feel free to download it and print if off. I would absolutely love it if you shared it with others.
Check out the video link below to see the move you will be doing for this challenge. It basically starts from a front layout, you then squeeze you quad muscles to lift your knees off the ground while your pointed feet stay and hips stay on the ground. You do the exercises then rest and repeat like the chart says. Always check in with your self to see if you are pulling your quad muscles up to your hips.
The rules of the challenge are:
- The KNEE extension exercise for this challenge is simple. It is from a front layout position.
- Your arms can rest under your chin
- Feet are always pointed
- Hips stay in contact with the ground all the time
- Knees are straight and you are pulling them straight with the muscle right above your knee cap
- Ankles together
- Maintain good posture with your body.
- You are going for QUALITY!
- Week 1 is meant to start developing a daily habit of doing extension so there are not very many sets to do. From there each week builds.
- If it gets too hard then do 1 less set or only go until a loss of quality rest and repeat.
- If it gets too easy you could add more time or another set or you could add a few lbs of weight on top of your hamstrings. Remember it may be easy today, but not tomorrow.
- You do not need to do them at at once. Feel free to spread it out over the day.
- The rest period most of the time is 30 seconds, but rest as much as you need between sets to ensure maximum quality.
- Stretch after you are finished. Roll out your quads and hamstrings with a foam roller.
- Take the rest days.
When adding weights make sure it is light. You will find that 1-2 lbs makes a difference. If it is too easy then add more weight the next time. The weight needs to go on your hamstrings above your knees and never on your knees.
The leg lifts near the end of the challenge are from the fully extended position. Once knees are off the ground lift one leg a bit off the ground then lower. Repeat on the other leg.
Take a before and after photo to see if it improves over the month. I’d love to hear how you do. I am going to officially start the 30 day challenge on July 1.
Yours in Synchro,