Sleep Your Way To a Better Performance
Sleep can improve your performance. Listen to episode 1 of my interview with Bianca van der Meulen on why sleep is so important.
Here is what I asked our expert:
- Can you tell us how sleep can have a positive role in athletic performance?
- When does REM sleep occur and are there any ways to ensure we get the best REM sleep possible?
- As a predominately female sport are there considerations about being female and sleep?
- What impact does travel have on the body and are there any suggestions to keep in mind? Is travelling one way better than the other?
- With the invention of smart phones and tablets, do you have any advice about bedtime routines?
- Is there a certain time a day that you should not nap after? What about the length of time?
- How do you feel about sleep aids and caffeine?
- Is one of these more important that another when it comes to get a good nights sleep? Sleep length, sleep quality or sleep phase.
Leave a Comment