I thought this may be fun for the swimmers to try. I created a 30 day ankle extension challenge. Feel free to download it and print if off. I would absolutely love it if you shared it with others.
Check out the video link below to see the move you will be doing for this challenge.
The rules of the challenge are:
- The ankle extension exercise for this challenge is simple. It is from a standing position, starting with feet flat, ankles together, then rise up to full extension through the front of the foot with ankles still together and knees straight. Maintain good posture with your body. You are going for QUALITY!
- Week 1 is meant to start developing a daily habit of doing extension so there are not very many sets to do. From there each week builds.
- If it gets too hard then do 1 less set or only go until a loss of quality rest and repeat.
- If it gets too easy you could do more, you could add a few lbs of weight, you could do one foot at a time or from flat flat feet and straight knees do a bend in the knees then rise up your heels then heels down and repeat. Remember it may be easy today, but not tomorrow.
- You do not need to do them at at once. Feel free to spread it out over the day.
- Rest as much as you need between sets to ensure maximum quality.
- Stretch after you are finished. Flex your feet. Roll out using a ball under your feet and on your calf muscles. Roll out your shins with a foam roller.
- Take the rest days.
Week 1 totals= 185
Week 2 totals= 325
Week 3 totals= 465
Week 4 totals= 755
Week 5 totals= 240
Take a before and after photo of your ankle extension to see if it improves over the month. I’d love to hear how you do. I am going to officially start the 30 day challenge on June 1.
Yours in Synchro,